This is a two-year programme that builds upon the knowledge acquired in 1st cycle studies.
The main purpose is to improve the core knowledge of Economics and the command of economic analysis instruments, complemented with intermediate level specialization in applied economics or in related areas (Finance and Management).
Graduate students of the Master in Economics at the University of Porto will be ready for a demanding professional career in private and public institutions and those with research-oriented interests can also access third-cycle (doctoral) studies.
FEP has the necessary means to help students achieve their goals through:
- rigorous teaching and procedures coupled with a flexible plan of studies, ensuring improved knowledge of core economics while allowing for diversified specializations in applied courses. The design of each student’s study plan follows these guidelines;
- possibility of choice between English track and Portuguese track, and possibility of enrolling in the prestigious QTEM – Quantitative Techniques in Economics and Management – international programme;
- quality and experience of faculty, research centres and supportive professional staff;
- availability of information resources – bibliographic and data bases – required to conduct research;
- individual tutoring in the definition of the plan of studies and in the dissertation or internship report work;
- professional orientation and career planning counselling services;
- a series of seminars with themes and speakers (outside FEP) that enable the bridge between academia and private and public organizations in the market place;
- structured programme of curricular internships, with institutions dedicated to economic analysis and other private and public organizations that provide challenging opportunities to engage in a first work experience.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Macroeconomic Policy
- Games, Strategy and Information
- Competition Policy and Economic Regulation
- Cultural Economics
- International Trade and Finance
- Public Choice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Econometrics View 15 other Masters in Business Administration in Portugal
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
a) Graduates from Portuguese universities in any field of knowledge;
b) Graduates from foreign universities who have been awarded a first cycle degree, under the rules of the Bologna Protocol;
c) Graduates from foreign universities with a degree considered equivalent to the first degree by the Scientific Board of the FEP;
d) Candidates presenting an academic, scientific or professional curriculum acknowledged by the Scientific Board of FEP as demonstrating good capacity to attend the Masters programmes;
e) In the 1st phase, can apply, conditionally, candidates that expect to graduate in the current academic year of 2020/21 until the end of the assessment period of June/July. In the 2nd phase, can apply, conditionally, candidates that expect to graduate in the current academic year of 2020/21, until the end of the assessment period of September.
More info: https://sigarra.up.pt/fep/en/NOTICIAS_GERAL.VER_NOTICIA?p_nr=34689
Please check the specific admission requirements for each program here: https://sigarra.up.pt/fep/en/NOTICIAS_GERAL.VER_NOTICIA?p_nr=34689
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 EUR per year during 24 months.
National1500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per year during 24 months.
Tuition fees for academic year 2021/22
This information does not exempt you from reading the information available on the official website: https://s.up.pt/p9is
Living costs for Porto
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.