Antarctic Studies at University of Canterbury allows students to:
- conduct fieldwork in Antarctica over the summer
- undertake further courses and a research dissertation related to the student's area of expertise and interest
- complete a master's level qualification within one year
- prepare themselves for jobs requiring a solid background in Antarctic science or policy.
Postgraduate study can bring many career benefits eg, specialist skills and enhanced knowledge, entry into specific occupations, higher starting salary/progression rates, research capability/achievement, and evidence of high academic attainment/self-discipline.
- Antarctica: Contemporary Issues and Perspectives
- Antarctica Field Work
- Antarctic Studies and Research
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
You should apply as early as possible to give yourself maximum preparation time for visa application, fee payment, travel and accommodation arrangements.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Hydrology & Water Management Environmental Sciences View 43 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in New Zealand
A student interested in enrolling for the Master of Antarctic Studies must have a relevant postgraduate qualification in a suitable background to Antarctic Studies (eg, the Postgraduate Certificate in Antarctic Studies), and evidence of their ability to complete advanced-level academic study (normally a B Grade Point Average in 300-level, or equivalent, courses).
- If English is your additional language, you are also required to meet UC's English language requirements.
International45476 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 45476 USD per year during 12 months.
National12656 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12656 USD per year during 12 months.
- National students - 17,693 NZD
- International Students - 63,572 NZD
Living costs for Christchurch
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.