Antarctic Studies offers an internationally unique programme of study at University of Canterbury and inquiry that has been developed by staff at the University of Canterbury in partnership with Antarctica New Zealand, with significant contributions from other Aotearoa New Zealand universities.
More informationVisit official programme website
- all courses required for the Postgraduate Certificate in Antarctic Studies
- approved courses to the value of 30 points at 400-level
- a dissertation: ANTA 691 Antarctic Studies Master's Dissertation
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
It is recommended to apply as early as possible in advance of your intended start date, to allow for visa and other arrangements.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Sciences View 13 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Normally the minimum requirement is a three-year bachelor’s degree from an Aotearoa New Zealand university, or a qualification or combination of qualifications considered to be equivalent.
- If you gained your qualifications overseas, these will need to be assessed to make sure they are of an equivalent standard.
International39700 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39700 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National11242 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11242 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
- National students - 17,500 NZD
- International Students - 61,800 NZD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.