Participants in the course consider topics including the development of a teaching schedule, communication, teaching and assessment, educational research, leadership and faculty development, as well as the evaluation of medical facilities.
The Medical Education programme from Heidelberg University offers those with responsibilities for planning, organising and ensuring the smooth running of medical degree programmes, the opportunity to familiarise themselves with current theories of education, and cutting-edge teaching methods. Graduates of the programme will go on to play a pivotal role in ensuring the introduction of new approaches to medical education into their faculties, in particular in relation to didactic methods.
The degree programme draws on international models and benefits from the involvement of qualified external colleagues. From the very beginning of the course, students participate in an ongoing process of evaluation.
The degree programme has the following aims:
- The professionalisation of medical education
- Improvements in the quality of teaching
- The qualification of those in management positions, in particular in medical faculties
- The promotion of exchange across Germany
- The promotion of high-quality educational research
- Communication in Team
- Teaching and Testing - Knowledge
- Teaching and Testing - Skills
- Teaching and Testing - Communication
- Leadership and Faculty Development
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Human Medicine Health Sciences View 11 other Masters in Education in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Personal statement
- Proof of language proficiency
- Certificate of the undergraduate degree programme
- Certificate of enrolment from the most-recently attended university
- Students applying for a transfer or change of institution from a non-German university must also submit: a certificate of transferable grades from the relevant subject area
- Proof of sufficient financing for completion of the course of study. This does not apply for applications from EU/EEA member states and applicants with a German university entrance qualification
International10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA10000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Heidelberg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.