The degree programme in Medical Education (MME) at the University of Heidelberg offers those with responsibilities for planning, organising and ensuring the smooth running of medical degree programmes, the opportunity to familiarise themselves with current theories of education, and cutting-edge teaching methods.
The degree programme has the following aims:
- The professionalisation of medical education
- Improvements in the quality of teaching
- The qualification of those in management positions, in particular in medical faculties
- The promotion of exchange across Germany
- The promotion of high-quality educational research
Occupational AreasAs well as doctors, the degree programme is aimed at those involved in teaching and learning in other fields of healthcare, as well as care and therapy sciences. The qualifications gained via completion of the MME programme are vital for the further development of teaching and learning in the faculties managed by the course participants.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Students are required to attend eight modules in person. Each module requires that students attend lectures and courses on five days (Mon – Fri), which generally fall within an 18 months period. Subsequent to this, students spend six months completing a Master’s thesis.
- Modules are completed at selected universities in German-speaking countries. Module 8 is completed at a different university each year. This university will be located in Germany, or abroad. An important part of the course is the independent planning, creation and evaluation of a training course or workshop at the student’s home faculty. At the end of this project, students complete a comprehensive, written report.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Human Medicine Health Sciences View 22 other Masters in Health Sciences in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application for enrollment (available in the service portal )
- acceptance letter
- the originals of school certificates relevant for admission and, where applicable, university certificates
- 1 passport photo
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1500 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.