This Master’s degree programme in Medical Biometry (Biostatistics) at the University of Heidelberg also provides the necessary skills for successful completion of interdisciplinary projects and independent methodical research. The primary focus of the programme is on the application of the methodical knowledge gained in scientific medical research projects, including scientific modelling, the selection of appropriate methods, and problem-oriented interpretation.
The programme is designed to prepare students for scientific professions, in accordance with international guidelines for conducting clinical studies. All clinical investigations require the participation of a qualified Biometrician, who is responsible for the proper design of experiments as well as for the evaluation and documentation of results.
Academically trained biometricians are in great demand around the world and particularly in Germany, where needs are not currently being met. The demand for biometricians also exceeds supply in a number of EU countries.Biometricians might find employment:
- in the pharmaceutical industry
- in university clinics and hospitals where they might supervise clinical studies
- in university and clinical research institutions
- for service providers for clinical studies, the coordination Centre for Clinical Trials (Koordinierungszentrum für Klinische Studien, KKS)
- for a contract research organization (CRO)
- in the medical technology industry
- Statistical Processes
- Data Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiomedicine Biotechnology Statistics View 18 other Masters in Statistics in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Application for enrollment (available in the service portal )
- acceptance letter
- the originals of school certificates relevant for admission and, where applicable, university certificates
- 1 passport photo
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3000 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Heidelberg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.