The growing global socio-political requirements for solutions concerning water supply and environmental investments in the water sector have increased the demand for well-qualified and internationally oriented engineers. Water Resources Engineering and Management (WAREM) degree offered by the University of Stuttgart is particularly suited to satisfy and answer these demands by covering the following main areas:
- Groundwater Management and Geohydrology
- Hydraulic Engineering and River Basin Management
- Sanitary Engineering and Water Quality Management
The program includes many excursions throughout Europe to visit hydropower stations, locks, sewage treatment plants and water supply systems.
- Plant and system planners in engineering offices and industrial companies
- Engineers within research and development departments in industry
- Environmental officers or quality managers
- Head of environmental water management facilities
- Consultant in testing and measuring institutes
- Employee or manager in local, national or international authorities or offices for the development and enforcement of environmental legislation
- Experts in national and international development organizations
- Scientists in universities and research institutions
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Environmental Fluid Mechanics
- Hydraulic Structures
- Sanitary Engineering
- Integrated River Management and Engineering
- Water Quality and Treatment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Marine Engineering View 15 other Masters in Hydrology & Water Management in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- High School Diploma (original translated (english or german) and validated)
- University transcript (original translated (english or german) and validated)
- University Diploma (original translated (english or german) and validated)
- Letter of University indicating maximum/minimum grading system
- Motivation letter
- Results of your English proficiency examination (validated copy) - English as medium of instruction is not accepted!! Please note: Native speakers from USA, Ireland, UK, Australia, Nea Zealand and Canada are exempted
- Recommendation letter(s)
- Working Certificate(s)
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1500 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.