The program profits from the University of Stuttgart‘s excellent research facilities in the water sector, such as the in-situ groundwater remediation installation (VEGAS, the only facility of its kind throughout Germany), Europe’s largest prototype research waste water treatment plant (LFKW), and a laboratory hall for physical modeling in Hydraulic Engineering.
The Water Resources Engineering and Management (WAREM) program at University of Stuttgart includes many excursions throughout Europe to visit hydropower stations, locks, sewage treatment plants and water supply systems.
What job prospects are available to me after graduation?
- Plant and system planners in engineering offices and industrial companies
- Engineers within research and development departments in industry
- Environmental officers or quality managers
- Head of environmental water management facilities
- Consultant in testing and measuring institutes
- Employee or manager in local, national or international authorities or offices for the development and enforcement of environmental legislation
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
WAREM is particularly suited to satisfy and answer these demands by covering the following main areas:
- Groundwater Management and Geohydrology
- Hydraulic Engineering and River Basin Management
- Sanitary Engineering and Water Quality Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Marine Engineering View 16 other Masters in Hydrology & Water Management in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- High School Diploma (original translated (English or German) and validated)
- University transcript (original translated (English or German) and validated)
- University Diploma (original translated (English or German) and validated)
- Letter of University indicating maximum/minimum grading system
- Motivation letter
- Results of your English proficiency examination (validated copy) - English as medium of instruction is not accepted!!
- Please note: Native speakers from USA, Ireland, UK, Australia, Nea Zealand and Canada are exempted
- Restricted admission (limited number of places)
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Stuttgart
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.