The collaboration between the University of Stuttgart’s Department of Physics and the Max Planck Institutes for Solid State Research and Intelligent Systems ensures an excellent education in general physics.
- We offer a vibrant learning environment for young physicists from all over the world who are striving to become well-equipped for a career in science.
- Physics graduates mainly pursue academic careers at Universities and research laboratories, but some also choose professional paths in computer companies, management consultancies or in the field of telecommunications.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
We offer various electives:
- Solid State Physics
- Atom and Quantum Optics
- Soft Matter Physics
- Strongly Correlated Many-Body Systems
- Physical Modelling
- Numerical Simulation
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A qualified bachelor degree in Physics or an equivalent degree in Physics or in a related field of study
- Restricted admission (limited number of places)
International3000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Stuttgart
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.