In the focus are socio-cultural and cultural differences, similarities and conflicts in a comparative perspective. Changes of societies on a national level as a result of economic, political and social Europeanization will be analyzed. The course also considers Europe and Europeanization within a global context and in comparison to other regions of the world.
Why Study Here?
The institute of sociology only offers the master’s program Sociology - European Societies at Freie Universität Berlin - this ensures excellent mentoring.
Furthermore the study program benefits from an extraordinary social science infrastructure in Berlin.
The master’s program is offered by the institute of sociology in cooperation with the following institutions of Freie Universität:
- Institute for Political Science (OSI)
- Institute for Latin American Studies (LAI)
- Institute for East European Studies (OEI)
- John F. Kennedy Institute for North American Studies (JFK)
More informationVisit official programme website
- Introduction to European Integration
- The European Network Society and the Politics of Digitalization
- Participating in Politics – Parties and Social Movements in Europe
- Populism in Europe
- Modernization in European and post-communist perspective
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesSociology European Studies View 15 other Masters in Sociology in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree with a sociology component of at least 60 credit points.
- Proof of proficiency in English (level B2 CEFR).
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
Students do not pay any tuition fees, the university only charges semester fees and contributions each semester.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.