Based on fundamental scientific knowledge and engineering know-how, the program develops competences in fluid and solid mechanics, biomechanics, automation, production systems and energy-related topics. It also fosters skills in advanced computation modeling and problem solving techniques.
Mechanical engineers can significantly contribute to sensible uses of natural resources, especially energy transformation, safer production of essential goods and transportation issues. The progress of healthcare and other developments for our society also provides diverse career opportunities. The Master in Mechanical Engineering from Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne is an excellent gateway to careers in the private sector or to scientific research activities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced additive manufacturing technologies
- Advanced control systems
- Advanced energetics
- Advanced heat transfer
- Advanced solid mechanics
- Applied mechanical design
- Biomechanics of the cardiovascular system
- Engines and fuel cells
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Your resumé (curriculum vitae).
- Copy of your University degree(s), if already available.
- Complete transcripts from each university you have attended.
- A statement of purpose. See below for a detailed explanation.
- Your identity card or passport.
- Extra documents, such as TOEFL or GRE scores, research publications, or other portfolios of your previous work, are welcome but not compulsory.
International1316 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 658 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA1316 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 658 EUR per semester during 24 months.
CHF 730 per semester
Living costs for Lausanne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.