The Fourth Military Medical University, located in the ancient city of Xi'an, has developed into its present form through the amalgamation of the former Fourth Military Medical University and the former Fifth Military Medical University in 1954.
The former Fourth Military Medical University was the First Military Medical College which grew out of the People's Medical College under the Northwest Military Area Command founded in 1949 and was named the Fourth Military Medical University of PLA by the Military Commission of the Central Committee of CPC in October 1952. The former Fifth Military Medical University developed from the Medical College of the National Central University set up in 1935 and then it was named the Fifth Military Medical University of PLA by the Military Commission of the Central Committee of CPC in December 1952.
In 1959, the former Fourth Military Medical University and the former Fifth Military Medical University were officially amalgamated into the present Fourth Military Medical University. As early as in 1959, the Fourth Military Medical University was ratified by the government as one of the 20 key universities in China, and as one of the key military universities by the Headquarters of PLA in 1995. In early 1990s, when the State Council of the People's Republic of China launched the "211 Project", a grand program aiming at boosting 100 key higher learning institutions to meet the challenge of the 21st century, the Fourth Military Medical University, having successfully met the requirements in the overall assessments, was accredited as one of the first universities admitted into the "211 Project" in July 1997.
The Global Student Satisfaction Awards empower students across the globe to determine the best universities of 2021. Universities with a score above 4.0 (out of 5) in any of the 8 award categories, receive Badges of Excellence. Congratulations!Learn more about the Global Student Satisfaction Awards
Go to your profile page to get personalised recommendations!