Founded in 1902, Guizhou University (GZU) was originally known as Guizhou Institute of Higher Learning. Later, it was turned into Provincial Guizhou University, National Guizhou College of Agriculture and Engineering, and National Guizhou University in the process of its development. In October 1950, it got its present name, Guizhou University.
The university consists of 24 colleges and 2 public education departments. There are 137 undergraduate specialties, covering 11 branches of learning such as philosophy, economics, laws, liberal arts, history, science, engineering, agriculture and administration.
The Global Student Satisfaction Awards empower students across the globe to determine the best universities of 2019. By rating institutions on a scale from 1 to 5, on multiple studies-related questions, we found the top educators in the world.Learn more about the Global Student Satisfaction Awards
The Office of International Relations (OIR) oversees the planning of Guizhou University 's (GZU) international relations by attending to a broad range of responsibilities. Her main functions include: draft new policies concerning international relations and thus plan the development of projects involving international affairs in the University. OIR executes the university's policies regarding external affairs and the coordination of international academic exchange. The office is also responsible for handling the external affairs of departments throughout GZU. OIR facilitates teaching, scientific research, and general academic exchange by providing informational services.
There are 52 students dormitory buildings at Guizhou University with 43,306 beds covering an area of 247,184.The dormitories can accommodate more than 40,000 students. They are located in 5 campuses with 276 administrators and staff members to take care of the management and services of the dormitories.
The Guizhou University Library (simply referred to as the Library hereinafter) was built in 1942. After the merging of Guizhou University with Guizhou Agricultural College in 1997 and then with Guizhou Industrial University in 2004, the libraries have been joined into one system. Now the total floor area of the libraries in the four main campuses is more than 30,000 m2.
A preliminary network framework has already been established according to the requirements of future development of the library. The four campuses have built multi-media reading rooms with a total floor area of 800 square meters and 368 seats, where readers can use the electronic literature, CERNET and the Internet to collect information in the Library.
The food and drinks service company is one of the subordinates of the Rear Service Group of Guizhou University, and it is responsible for the food and drinks service for student cafeterias on five campuses including the South Campus, North Campus, Cai Jiaguan Campus, Chadian Campus, and Xiaoguan Campus.