The master’s program offers students the possibility of deepening previously acquired knowledge in one of the following domains: analysis, discrete mathematics, algebraic/complex geometry, numerical mathematics, differential geometry, or topology.
- The Master's Program in Mathematics at Freie Universität Berlin builds on the Bachelor's Program and imparts deeper scientific knowledge, as well as the ability to apply methods and knowledge of mathematics and to conduct research in a selected mathematical field.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The Master's Program Mathematics at Freie Universität especially profits from the following top research areas:
- Algebra, Analysis, Geometry, Number Theory and Topology
- Scientific Computing and Bioinformatics
- Discrete Mathematics and Algorithms
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science View 12 other Masters in Actuarial Science in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics or an equivalent degree with a number of credit points in mathematics corresponding to that of the bachelor’s program in mathematics at Freie Universität Berlin.
- With certain restrictions, it is possible to complete the master’s degree program by taking classes solely in English. The necessary English language skills must as a rule be proven by exam results.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Students do not pay any tuition fees, the university only charges semester fees and contributions each semester.
Living costs for Berlin
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.