Mountain Forestry from University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences (BOKU) emphasises interdisciplinary work and learning by doing, and it fosters intercultural communication and team-work, participatory thinking and bottom-up approaches.
As a graduate of the International Master's programme in Mountain Forestry students gain a wide range of technical, academic, and interpersonal skills enabling them to obtain top professional positions in both the national and international arena. Graduates are not only restricted to professional activities in highland or mountain regions but may be fully integrated into general forest sciences within research and development institutions, the public and private sector, non-government organisations or communitiy services. Graduates work in areas such as forest management, forest extension, wildlife management, forest policy and practice, research as well as administration.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ecology of mountain forests
- Biodiversity and conservation of mountain forests
- Air pollution effects on forest ecosystems
- Chemistry for forestry
- Forests and water
- Economic and social dimensions in mountain forestry
- Innovations for sustainable forest management
- Applied development research
- Remote sensing and GIS in natural resource management
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Applicationform
- evidence of previous studies (bachelor degree, diploma)
- transcript stating subjects, marks, ECTS and contens of teaching
- Evidence of adequate proficiency of English (for English-language Master programmes)
- evidence of adequate proficiency in German A2 or C1
- Adequate English proficiency: Level B2/C1/ Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English/ Evidence of adequate proficiency of English - IELTS Academic results 6.0 or better and TOEFL (paper based 577 or computer-based 233 or 90-91 internet based)
- Fulfillment of the special University entrance qualification
International1452 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 726 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA726 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 363 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.