Organized around an ethic of social care and social justice, each stream of practice shares some core courses and electives germane to the student's field of practice. Related practicum experiences build on knowledge and skills cultivated in the classroom. Typically, students complete a practicum in the field of practice addressed in their area of concentration.
What makes the Social Work program at University of British Columbia unique?
- Founded in 1928, the School of Social Work is the oldest social work training institution in British Columbia.
- With a focus on social justice, the School prepares students for advanced social work practice at undergraduate, master and doctoral levels.
- The School of Social Work has 16.5 full-time faculty and enrolls approximately 65 Master's students each year.
- We are small enough that students and faculty can enjoy regular one-on-one contact.
- Our Field Education Coordinators provide personalized service to seek practicum placements suited to students' individual learning goals.
- The School of Social Work's MSW program is fully accredited by the Canadian Association of Social Work Education.
- The School of Social Work is home to the Centre for Inclusion and Citizenship and the Centre for Research in Personhood in Dementia.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Work and Social Justice
- Quantitative Methods in SW Research
- Qualitative Methods in SW Research
- Program Evaluation Methods
- Advanced Integrative Seminar
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- hold an accredited Bachelor of Social Work degree
- have a minimum B+ average in the 300-level and 400-level courses taken for their degree
- have at least 2+ years of years relevant post-BSW professional experience
International26003 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 26003 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National4995 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4995 CAD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.