Medical Statistics programme offered by the University of Nairobi prepares students to develop and apply techniques of mathematics, statistics and computing to health research and health care delivery, provide statistical expertise on public health issues and analyze and interpret medical data.
- Statistical Methods
- Epidemiological Methods
- Data Management And Statistical Computing
- Sample Survey Methods
- Design And Analysis Of Clinical Trials.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Candidates eligible for admission into the MSc. degree in Medical Statistics shall have the following qualifications:
- Holders of Bachelors degrees in Medicine & Surgery, Dental Sciences, Pharmacy, Veterinary Medicine and Nursing Sciences from the University of Nairobi.
- Holders of at least an upper second class Bachelors degree in Science, Engineering, Agriculture and Arts based subjects with strong mathematical background from the University of Nairobi.
- Holders of a lower second class degree in the disciplines specified in (2) above plus postgraduate diploma or at least two years of relevant research/work experience in their respective fields.
International3188 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1594 EUR per semester during 24 months.
National3188 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1594 EUR per semester during 24 months.
192,000 KES per semester
Living costs for Nairobi
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.