We offer this course in collaboration with the Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust. You’ll learn from our faculty who have research strengths in psychopathology and clinical psychology, as well as guest lecturers including local practitioners.
The course is for you if you are a psychology graduate and you’re seeking a place on:
- a Doctorate of Clinical Psychology course
- other mental health professional training
- a clinically relevant PhD.
You can also apply if you are an existing professional in other health-related disciplines. We offer supervision across a range of topics, encompassed by our research groups in Behavioural and Clinical Neuroscience, Cognitive Psychology, Developmental and Clinical Psychology, and Social and Applied Psychology.
CareersOur Foundations of Clinical Psychology and Mental Health students from University of Sussex have gone on to work as assistant psychologists and researchers. Some have pursued further studies at doctoral level, including doctoral-level clinical psychology training.
- An Adventure in Statistics
- Clinical Skills: practitioner and lived experience perspectives
- Contemporary Issues in Clinical Psychology and Mental Health
- Ethics, Philosophy and Methods of Research
- Advanced Research Methods in Clinical Psychology
- Clinical Psychology in Action
- Research Methods in Clinical Psychology
- Treatment Models and their Evaluation
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPsychology Cognitive Sciences Clinical Psychology View 306 other Masters in Clinical Psychology in United Kingdom
- You should normally have an upper second-class (2.1) undergraduate honours degree or above.
- Subject-specific requirements: Your qualification should be in psychology or a closely related subject such as neuroscience. You may also be considered for the course if you have other professional qualifications or experience of equivalent standing.
International22975 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22975 GBP per year during 12 months.
National11275 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11275 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Brighton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.