The Master's of Science program in Biomedical Engineering is an interdisciplinary course of study involving interaction between the natural sciences, medicine, and engineering.
- The Biomedical Engineering program at RWTH Aachen University provides a high level of education in close cooperation with clinics and industry.
- Many faculties are involved in the course of study: Medicine; Mathematics, Computer Science, and Natural Sciences; Mechanical Engineering; Arts and Humanities; and Electrical Engineering and Information Technology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- During the four semesters students will be trained in transferring engineering principles and techniques to medicine and will learn to find practical solutions in this field. Courses are held in small groups with, in some modules, no more than 30 students.
- Compared to many other programs in Biomedical Engineering at other universities, our program has a deeper focus on biomedical applications. In the first semester, students get a tailored class schedule, in order to have an ideal and fundamental basis for following semesters.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine View 27 other Masters in Biomedicine in Germany
- Copy of your transcript of records or your diploma supplement. Please submit a transcript of records with all the semesters you have studied. When you apply you have to be able to provide grades all the semesters you have studied except your last two semesters of study.
- A module catalog or course descriptions of all the courses you completed in your studies. If these are available on your university’s webpage, you can also upload a PDF that shows the link to this page. If you do not, or cannot upload a module catalog, the respective Examination Board will still review your application for your eligibility for your chosen course(s) of study. Your application may however have to be rejected due to your missing module catalog.
- If you are applying to start a course of study in a higher core semester: a copy of your final academic transcript.
- Tabular resume
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- There are no tuition fees at RWTH Aachen University - this applies for international students as well!
Living costs for Aachen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.