We live today in an interconnected and globalised world. Yet conflict continues to impede international cooperation.
The world has become more, rather than less, complicated. Being able to understand and evaluate global issues across the social, cultural, legal, political and economic spectrum, therefore, is a highly valued skill that is much desired by government, business and the non-government sector.
The International Relations program at Macquarie University will also equip you for an international career in diplomacy, journalism, the NGO sector, international business or academia.
Career paths for our graduates are varied and include employment in:
- the civil service in departments dealing with foreign affairs, diplomacy, defence, foreign aid and intelligence
- international organisations, such as the United Nations
- multinational corporations
- trade focused businesses
- journalism and consulting
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in International Relations
- International Relations Practice
- Security in World Politics
- Understanding World Politics: Theoretical Approaches
- International Political Economy
- International Law and Global Governance
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
- International - We recommend applying early for your course to ensure you have adequate time to arrange your student visa.
DisciplinesInternational Relations View 55 other Masters in International Relations in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 099175C
AQF level 8 bachelor honours or graduate diploma qualification in a related field or recognised equivalent, or
Meet two of the following three criteria:
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification in a related field or recognised equivalent
- Approved work experience, professional certification or other recognised prior learning
- AQF level 7 bachelor's qualification or recognised equivalent with a WAM of 65
International37200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37200 AUD per year during 12 months.
National28800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28800 AUD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.