Advanced Materials and Processes from Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU) is training the next generation of engineers with the skills necessary to produce innovative materials in the most efficient and sustainable way.
A high percentage of our graduates continue to pursue a PhD, but MAP graduates are also highly sought after by industry, with typical destinations including the automotive, aerospace, oil and gas, food technology, health and safety and pharmaceutical sectors.
- Advanced Processes,
- Biomaterials and Bioprocessing,
- Computational Materials Science and Process Simulation,
- Nanomaterials and Nanotechnology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Materials Science & Engineering Biotechnology View 29 other Masters in Biotechnology in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants are required to have an excellent Bachelor’s degree in Chemical and Biological Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering or related subjects.
- German applicants should have an overall Bachelor’s grade of 2.2 or better. International applicants coming from different grading systems need a mark equivalent to “good” in their undergraduate degree.
- short cover letter
- CV / Resumé
- High school/secondary school leaving certificate or university entrance certificate.
- The transcript of courses attended at university with corresponding grades provided as English language version
- IELTS or TOEFL score report
- APS certificate (for applicants from China, Mongolia and Vietnam only)
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 24 months.
The FAU does not charge tuition fees. However, each semester students must pay a fee for student services (52 EUR) and public transportation (75 EUR).
Living costs for Erlangen
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.