Clinical neuropsychologists provide assessments and treatment recommendations that may employ cognitive, educational, behavioural or psychosocial methods.
Grounded in theory and practice, the Clinical Neuropsychology program at Macquarie University will provide you with the knowledge, skills and qualifications you need to work within a range of clinically oriented areas.
Upon graduation, you'll be eligible for registration with the Psychology Board of Australia.
- The course consists of three main components: a series of coursework units in areas fundamental to practice and research in clinical neuropsychology, 1000 hours of supervised placement experiences in neuropsychological settings, and a research dissertation.
- You'll learn from expert academic staff as well as visiting clinicians teaching on specialised topics, and you'll participate in presentations discussing cases encountered on placement.
- You'll have the opportunity to undertake placements conducted at the state-of-the-art Macquarie University Psychology Clinic and at Australia's only on-campus teaching hospital; and in clinical collaborations with renowned clinicians in Sydney, regional New South Wales and interstate.
Clinical neuropsychologists work in hospitals, brain injury units, dementia and aged care units, paediatrics and development disorder units, psychiatric and neuropsychiatry units, neurology, neurosurgery and rehabilitation units.
The degree is accredited by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council and approved by the College of Clinical Neuropsychologists.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Design and Evaluation
- Developmental Neuropsychology
- Neuropsychological Disorders
- Neuropsychological Rehabilitation and Intervention
- Supervised Practical Placement
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- International - We recommend applying early for your course to ensure you have adequate time to arrange your student visa.
DisciplinesPublic Health Neuroscience Health Sciences View 326 other Masters in Health Sciences in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
CRICOS CODE: 027374C
- Recent APAC accredited AQF level 8 qualification in psychology (with first class or second class honours division one) or recognised equivalent, and
- Eligibility for provisional or full registration with the Psychology Board of Australia
International38800 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38800 AUD per year during 24 months.
National29200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29200 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Sydney
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.