- #3 in the world for Public Health - ShanghaiRanking 2020
- #3 in Public, Environmental and Occupational Health and #4 in Infectious Diseases (US News Best Global Universities Subject Ranking 2021)
- 91% overall student satisfaction - Postgraduate Taught Experience Survey 2019-20
In a world where global transport links allow rapid movement of people and animals, disease can spread more quickly than before and is harder to control than ever. In such a world there is a growing need for trained veterinary epidemiologists at the front line of disease surveillance and control.
This unique Veterinary Epidemiology programme at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine is delivered jointly by LSHTM and RVC and is supported by policy makers from the forefront of the UK government. You will learn essential methodological skills for the design, conduct, analysis, interpretation and communication of epidemiological studies; and surveillance and disease control in animal and human populations.
Graduates from this programme hold positions in a variety of organisations including: Ministries of Agriculture & Food; Veterinary Investigation Laboratories; Animal Disease Research Institutes; Animal Health Trusts; Veterinary Faculties in Universities and International Organisations concerned with global health (DFID, FAO, WHO, OIE, etc).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Extended Epidemiology (LSHTM)
- Epidemiological Aspects of Laboratory Investigation
- Epidemiology in Practice (LSHTM)
- Surveillance of Animal Health & Production (RVC)
- Statistics for Epidemiology and Population Health
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesVeterinary Medicine Health Sciences Animal Sciences View 1619 other Masters in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A first- or second-class university honours degree or equivalent. Individuals with degrees in veterinary science, biological sciences, veterinary or human medicine, mathematics or statistics, and relevant postgraduate experience, are all encouraged to apply.
- Applicants are expected to have a high level of numeracy skills (e.g. A Level Mathematics or Statistics or a module with a good mark in their university degree).
- Applicants from overseas will be required to provide evidence of proficiency in spoken and written English, including scientific usage and comprehension.
International25410 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 25410 GBP per year during 12 months.
National10990 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10990 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home: £5,600
- Overseas: £12,810
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.