The curriculum reflects the importance of genomics and molecular techniques in both diagnostics and the study of pathogenesis.
- demonstrate advanced knowledge and understanding of the nature of pathogenic microorganisms (predominantly viruses and bacteria) and basic criteria used in the classification/taxonomy of these microorganisms
- explain the modes of transmission of pathogenic microorganisms
- demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the mechanisms of microbial pathogenesis and the outcomes of infections, including chronic microbial infections
- distinguish between and critically assess the classical and modern approaches to the development of therapeutic agents and vaccines for the prevention of human microbial diseases
- demonstrate knowledge of the laboratory diagnosis of microbial diseases and practical skills, including the isolation and characterisation of specific microbes in clinical specimens
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Bacteriology & Virology
- Analysis & Design of Research Studies
- Clinical Virology
- Molecular Biology & Recombinant DNA Techniques
- Molecular Virology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesBiology Public Health Microbiology View 117 other Masters in Microbiology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- In order to be admitted to an LSHTM master's degree programme, an applicant must:
- hold either a first degree at Second Class Honours standard in a relevant discipline, or a degree in medicine recognised by the UK General Medical Council (GMC) for the purposes of practising medicine in the UK, or another degree of equivalent standard awarded by an overseas institution recognised by UK ENIC.
- hold a professional qualification appropriate to the programme of study to be followed obtained by written examinations and judged by LSHTM to be equivalent to a Second Class Honours degree or above.
- have relevant professional experience or training which is judged by LSHTM to be equivalent to a Second Class Honours degree or above.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28400 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28400 GBP per year during 12 months.
National13530 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13530 GBP per year during 12 months.
- Home£6,765 /year
- EU/Overseas £14,200 /year
Living costs for London
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.