Students in the Mathematics Education program offered by University of British Columbia can pursue a wide variety of research and professional interests in mathematics teaching and learning.
The math education program has a legacy of large-scale research projects, such as the Early Numeracy Project and the Trends in International Mathematics and Science Study (TIMMS), which involve a network of regional, national, and international scholars.
- Mathematics Education Origins and Issues
- Mathematics Education the Early Years
- Research Methodologies in Education
- Introduction to Curriculum Issues and Theories
- Advanced Seminar in Mathematics Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Mathematics Pedagogy View 17 other Masters in Pedagogy in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants have to submit transcripts from all past post-secondary study. Document submission requirements depend on whether your institution of study is within Canada or outside of Canada.
- A minimum of three references are required for application to graduate programs at UBC. References should be requested from individuals who are prepared to provide a report on your academic ability and qualifications.
- Many programs require a statement of interest, sometimes called a "statement of intent", "description of research interests" or something similar.
- Applicants should browse faculty profiles and indicate in their application who they are interested in working with. No commitment from a supervisor prior to applying is necessary, but contacting faculty members is encouraged.
- Permanent Residents of Canada must provide a clear photocopy of both sides of the Permanent Resident card.
International13604 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13604 CAD per year during 24 months.
National7285 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7285 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.