The degree awarded is an architect’s professional degree, providing the right to practice the architect’s profession in Finland and the European Union according to the national laws and decrees.
- design of urban areas and spaces
- public building design
- detailing of buildings and urban structures
- use of Nordic building materials (e.g. wood)
- architectural lighting
- interior design
- research and theory of architecture
- academic writing
- team work and presentation
Studies are carried out both individually and in multicultural teams in an international working environment. Nordic nature, climate and light circumstances offer a living laboratory for lighting experiments in 1:1 scale. Varying courses and additional study options give possibilities to integrate student competitions or workshops in the student’s individual study plan.
After graduation the students are eligible to carry on to doctoral studies at the University of Oulu. Most architects work as building designers and urban designers. Additional career options for an architect may be
- concept designer
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design-led Urban Renewal
- Design of Public Buildings
- Advanced Architectural Design
- Thesis project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Landscape Architecture View 8 other Masters in Architecture in Finland
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture with 'very good' or 'excellent' marks, 'very good' or 'excellent' design skills presented in a portfolio.
- The Bachelor's degree should be equivalent to 180 ECTS, or at least three years of full-time studies in architecture, including studies in history of architecture, architectural design, urban design, building physics and technology.
- Student selection is based on the portfolio.
- design skills, working methods and visual expression skills and visual presentation skills shown in the portfolio
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International13000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Oulu
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.