Students graduate with the skills to work in the top jobs in digital media as producers, designers, managers, technical artists and entrepreneurs.
The Digital Media program at the University of British Columbia offers a way for students to realize their vision by providing a learning environment that fosters bold creativity and cross-disciplinary collaboration in a realistic industry-based work setting.
Our students come from around the globe, and from many different undergraduate and professional backgrounds, including art, design, natural and social sciences, business, computer science and engineering.
Industry projects and team-based learning are the core of the MDM curriculum. In the second and third semesters, teams of three to six students work on industry-sponsored projects to develop prototypes or applications from concept to deliverable. Students get hands-on experience working with teammates who are from different backgrounds and disciplines, as well as valuable experience working with clients.
- Foundations of Digital Media
- Interdisciplinary Improvisation
- Foundations of Game Design
- The Visual Story
- Special Topics in Digital Media
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Informatics & Information Technology Media Studies & Mass Media View 46 other Masters in Informatics & Information Technology in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants are advised to use the online application system. Learn more about application fees, payment methods, and application fee waivers.
- A statement of interest is an important part of most graduate school applications. It may also be called a "statement of intent", "description of research interests" or something similar.
- Applicants from a university outside Canada in which English is not the primary language of instruction must provide results of an English language proficiency examination as part of their application.
- All students who are enrolled in programs that include a practicum component involving work with children or vulnerable adults will have to undergo a criminal record check before they will be permitted to register in the practicum.
International38604 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19302 CAD per semester during 16 months.
National23212 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11606 CAD per semester during 16 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.