The Counselling Psychology Program, in line with the mission of the research-intensive University of British Columbia, creates, advances and critically examines knowledge in counselling psychology, especially with respect to its validity, applicability, limits, and interface with other disciplines. In developing and applying pertinent and innovative research methodologies, the Counselling Psychology Program relies upon and builds qualitative and quantitative evidence to determine effective counselling interventions in educational, community, health, and occupational settings.
The Counselling Psychology program recognizes the critical importance of diversity in our rapidly changing and globalized society, and provides leadership in emphasizing culturally-based considerations in learning, human development, assessment and counselling. In addition to its cultural lens, our program embraces positive, growth-oriented, and developmental perspectives across the lifespan.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Career counselling
- Family Education and Consultation
- Theories of Counselling
- The Role of the Teacher in Guidance
- Guidance: Planning and Decision-making
- The Personal and Social Develoment of the Adult.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling View 99 other Masters in Psychology in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants are advised to use the online application system. Learn more about application fees, payment methods, and application fee waivers.
- A statement of interest is an important part of most graduate school applications. It may also be called a "statement of intent", "description of research interests" or something similar.
- Applicants from a university outside Canada in which English is not the primary language of instruction must provide results of an English language proficiency examination as part of their application.
- All students who are enrolled in programs that include a practicum component involving work with children or vulnerable adults will have to undergo a criminal record check before they will be permitted to register in the practicum.
International13604 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 13604 CAD per year during 24 months.
National7285 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7285 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.