Outstanding facilities and resources accommodate more than 500 graduate students, postdoctoral fellows and faculty that call the Department of Chemistry home. The Department at University of British Columbia has one of the most comfortable and up-to-date research spaces in North America, and offers MSc and PhD degrees - both degrees require graduate courses and research work reported in a thesis.
Courses offered in the Chemistry Department cover a wide range of subject matter, from synthetic organic chemistry to chemical physics and theory.
The department is one of the most well equipped research facilities along the west coast and is fortunate to be located in a breathtaking locale that includes ocean, mountains and mild climate.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Research areas include:
- Analytical Chemistry
- Biological & Medicinal Chemistry
- Catalytic Processes
- Chemical Education Initiatives
- Chemical Physics
- Chemical Synthesis
- Environmental Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Interfacial and Surface Chemistry
- Materials & Polymer Chemistry
- Molecular Spectroscopy
- Nuclear and Radiochemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Physical & Theoretical Chemistry
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biochemistry View 71 other Masters in Chemistry in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants have to submit transcripts from all past post-secondary study.
- A minimum of three references are required for application to graduate programs at UBC. References should be requested from individuals who are prepared to provide a report on your academic ability and qualifications.
- Many programs require a statement of interest, sometimes called a "statement of intent", "description of research interests" or something similar.
- Permanent Residents of Canada must provide a clear photocopy of both sides of the Permanent Resident card
International8952 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8952 CAD per year during 24 months.
National5095 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5095 CAD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.