This course is vocational in its nature – designed to produce highly proficient RE teachers, passionate and fully prepared for full-time employment.
This Secondary Religious Education with Qualified Teacher Status course at Sheffield Hallam University prepares you for a career in in assorted educational settings, including
- specialist teachers and educators of secondary religious education in a variety of educational contexts
- Continuation of academic careers as researcher via Masters level study and PhD
- non-government organisation (NGO) educationalist roles
- Varied enrichment and extra-curricular work with young people
- Developing And Reflecting On Professional Practice
- Developing And Reflecting On Subject Knowledge And Pedagogy In Secondary Religious Education
- School Based Training
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology Teaching Secondary Education View 105 other Masters in Secondary Education in United Kingdom
- An honours degree (normally 2.2 or above) or equivalent which includes substantial elements of theology, religious studies or philosophy.
- Normally GCSE grade C or Grade 4 in English Language and mathematics, or equivalent. Where applicants have achieved a GCSE grade 4 or above in English literature only, we will look for further evidence of a breadth of achievement in English.
- We will consider applicants who are in the process of obtaining the relevant GCSEs.
International14895 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14895 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9250 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Sheffield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.