- Undertake school-based training in two different school settings.
- Learn how to teach business education.
- Gain knowledge of schools and the education system.
This course is professional and vocational in nature and has, as its primary aim, the development and supply of competent teachers who will be capable of securing employment in an education setting. The employment record is consistently high and usually well in excess of 90%.
This Secondary Business Education with Qualified Teacher Status programme from Sheffield Hallam University prepares you for a career in:
- a secondary teaching post
- academic career as researcher via Masters level study and PhD
- Local Authority/Voluntary Sector worker or researcher
- Non-Government Organisation (NGO) administrative and research posts
- enrichment work with young people
- more general graduate careers including retail management and the civil service
More informationVisit official programme website
- Developing And Reflecting On Professional Practice
- Developing And Reflecting On Subject Knowledge And Pedagogy In Secondary Business Education
- School Based Training 1
- School Based Training 2
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
DisciplinesEducation Business Administration Early Childhood Education View 830 other Masters in Education in United Kingdom
Normally GCSE grade C or Grade 4 in English Language and mathematics and science, or equivalent. Where applicants have achieved a GCSE grade 4 or above in English literature only we will look for further evidence of a breadth of achievement in English. We consider applicants who are in the process of obtaining the relevant GCSEs.
You must also
- hold an honours degree (normally 2.2 or above) or equivalent, which includes substantial elements of business education study
- complete a declaration of criminal convictions and health check forms.
- successfully complete QTS skills tests in numeracy and literacy as designated by the National College for Teaching and Leadership
International13905 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13905 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA9250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9250 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.