The Master of Engineering Environmental Engineering at RMIT University will develop advanced knowledge and skills in environmental engineering to enhance your career prospects in relevant industries.
You will develop specialist technical capabilities in:
- water treatment engineering
- water resource systems optimisation
- advanced technologies for wastewater reclamation infrastructure
- urban hydrology
- humanitarian engineering
You will gain skills that will allow you to step up as a project leader, consultant or manager with the knowledge to lead the introduction of new technologies and operating practices in environmental engineering.
You will gain extensive knowledge in environmental engineering and related technologies combined with advanced oral and written communication, teamwork, design, project management and research skills. You will also enhance your professional skills in management, leadership and business enterprise.
Previous RMIT graduates have gone onto work at companies such as:
- Water companies such as Melbourne Water, City West Water
- Industry including manufacturing and construction
Environmental engineers work on projects including environmental impact studies, energy conservation, sustainability, pollution control and humanitarian engineering.
There is a growing need to better understand and more effectively integrate the environmental factors that are part of modern living and environmental engineers will play an important role in achieving this balance.
Graduates of the Master of Engineering (Environmental Engineering) will be sought in Australia and overseas, mainly Southeast Asia and East Asia. There is steady employment of environmental engineers in Australia in the water and hydrology sectors, construction, infrastructure and mining industries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Sustainable Engineering Practice and Design
- Innovation and Technology Management
- Risk and Project Management
- Modelling and Simulation of Engineering Systems
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering General Engineering & Technology Environmental Sciences View 31 other Masters in Environmental Engineering in Australia
CRICOS number: 087983C
- Successful completion of an Australian bachelor degree (or international equivalent) in Engineering, Science or Technology with a major in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or Engineering Systems with a GPA of at least 2.0 out of 4.0.
- Applicants who have a successfully completed a relevant degree (as above) with a GPA of at least 1.5 out of 4, will be considered if they have at least 3 years of relevant industry experience.
International37440 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 37440 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Domestic: Commonwealth supported places
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.