- Build upon your qualifications and registered nurse status, attaining further specialist credentials.
- Become eligible for registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council as a Specialist Community Public Health Nurse - Health Visitor or School Nurse
- Embark upon a rewarding career as a health visitor or school nurse.
- Gain rounded experience with 50% practice and 50% theory.
- Develop a pragmatic public health philosophy and an evidence-based skill set.
This Nursing (Public Health) programme from Sheffield Hallam University is open to applicants who hold a Post Graduate Diploma in Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (Health Visiting and School Nursing). You'll gain the skills and experience you need for full-time practice, and meet the Nursing and Midwifery Council's standards for such training. NHS sponsorship is required for full NMC recognition.
This course is approved by the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC). Graduates are eligible to apply to register with the Nursing and Midwifery Council as a Specialist Community Public Health Nurse - Health Visitor or School Nurse.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing View 183 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To complete the postgraduate diploma you need
- a nursing related degree (120 level six credits)
- current registration on part one (nursing) or part two (midwifery) of the Nursing and Midwifery Council-s (NMC) register and have an active NMC PIN number
- Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as Criminal Records Bureau) check
- self-declaration of good health and character as required by the NMC
- ability to demonstrate the potential to practise at specialist level on completion of the course
EU/EEA4120 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8240 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.