From basic production skills to sophisticated cross-media projects and strategic thinking about media industries, this 2-year program offers a variety of entry points depending on your previous qualifications and experience.
In the first year, you will be introduced to video, audio and internet media production. In the second year, you will explore complex cross-media projects and develop the sophisticated strategic and leadership skills required to be at the forefront of this evolving industry.
At this Media program at RMIT University you will gain practical industry experience and learn about strategic planning through hands-on projects. This program has a global focus and there will be an opportunity to undertake various research projects with an international context.
- As a graduate of this program you will be ready for much more than production; you will be prepared to take on strategic and leadership roles in the industry. You will be aware of new developments and be able to research and troubleshoot trends and opportunities.
- You will also have the entrepreneurial and communication skills to take your personal vision to the next stage. The contemporary media environment is complex and exciting and looks for leaders that are willing and able to explore, test ideas and respond innovatively to new possibilities.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourse include:
- Contemporary Media Work Practices
- Story, Genre and Medium
- Sound and Image
- Post-Industrial Media
- Collaborative Media Project
- Media Career Development
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Media Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 7 other Masters in Media Management in Australia
CRICOS number: 079084E
- You must have successfully completed an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent overseas qualification) in any discipline with a grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 (out of 4.0).
- You may also be considered if you have at least 3 years' work experience or professional practice in media production.
International32640 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32640 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National24000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 24000 AUD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.