The Master's programme in Social and Cultural Science takes a multidisciplinary and multi-method approach to understanding key contemporary social issues, such as inequality, cohesion and cultural diversity.
You will benefit from working with a small group of highly motivated international students in courses designed for students enrolled in this programme. Every student receives personal guidance and supervision towards their own research project.
What will you learn?
- Understand the theoretical background to current social issues
Gain the skills to translate social problems into research questions and conduct high quality comparative cultural research
Get experience translating your skills and knowledge of theory and method to produce and communicate research findings
- Synthesise theories and methods across different disciplines, including sociology, anthropology, development studies, political science, and communication science
A large majority of our graduates gain PhD and other research positions.
Graduates from this programme could find jobs in a variety of different fields, almost all of our graduates find work shortly after graduation
Scientific or academic research
Societal researcher in policy institutes or government organisations
Consultant or advisor for firms or other organisations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Comparative Social Questions
- Advanced Research Methods
- Advanced Regression Analysis
- Comparative Methodology
- Comparative Research Project
- Cultural Diversity, Markets and Equality
Diversities in Organisations
Comparative Sociological Research
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
University will still consider EU/EEA applications until 1 July, but we may not be able to offer assistance with housing.
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Anthropology Sociology View 98 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed Bachelor's degree in Social and Cultural Science or closely related areaIn order to get admission to this Master's you will need a completed Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Cultural Anthropology, Development Studies, Communication Science or another social science.
- Proficiency in English
- Motivation letter
- In this letter of motivation you should explain why you want to attend this programme and why you think you are suited for this programme. Attached to this letter should be a resume with photo, list of grades and two reference letters from lecturers. An interview (face-to-face or via Skype) may follow before you are admitted to the programme.
- 2 letters of recommendation
- Due to the COVID-19 outbreak which has led to the temporary closure of test centres, Radboud University currently also accepts the iBT TOEFL Special Home Edition. For all other questions regarding the coronavirus please visit our FAQ.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16000 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA2168 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2168 EUR per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Radboud Scholarship Programme
- The Orange Tulip Scholarship Programme
- Holland Scholarship Programme
- Fulbright-Radboud Scholarships
- StuNed scholarship programme
- Radboud University Medical Center Study Fund
- Radboud Faculty of Arts Study Fund
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.