This Veterinary Epidemiology and Public Health programme from University of London helps you develop skills for disease modelling and for devising strategies to combat chronic farm animal disease.
Learn about the use of economic concepts in animal health, and apply herd-health programmes to maximise economic returns from animal production.
The Veterinary Epidemiology and Public Health programme is aimed primarily at animal health specialists, epidemiologists and public health specialists.
Graduates of this programme are employed in a variety of organizations, including the Department for Environment and Rural Affairs (Defra), University Veterinary faculties and international organisations including the FAO and World Health Organisation (WHO).
In some countries, qualifications earned by distance and flexible learning may not be recognised by certain authorities or regulators for the purposes of public sector employment or further study. We advise you to explore the local recognition status before you register, even if you plan to receive support from a local teaching institution.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Epidemiology and animal health economics
- Statistical methods in veterinary epidemiology
- Veterinary public health
- Advanced statistical methods in veterinary epidemiology
- Developing and monitoring of livestock production systems
- Economics for livestock development and policy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Veterinary Medicine Animal Sciences View 270 other Masters in Public Health in United Kingdom
- MSc: Either a second class honours degree (or equivalent) in a scientific subject, veterinary, animal science, agriculture, biological sciences, or medicine. Or a second class honours degree (or equivalent) in a scientific discipline which has included suitable training.
- PGDip / PGCert / 240-hour modules: an appropriate degree, professional or technical qualification and work experience that we deem appropriate.
- Reference letters will be requested when your application is processed by the Admissions Office. Alternatively, you can upload signed letters of reference to your application when you apply.
- Industry-standard PC (as some of the software is not compatible with Macs)
- Pentium processor or better (Pentium IV or higher recommended)
- 512MB RAM (1GB or higher recommended)
- CD-ROM drive, double speed (or faster recommended)
- Windows 2000 or higher
- 10GB of hard disk space.
International14820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14820 GBP per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA14820 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14820 GBP per year during 24 months.
- MSc: £14820
- Postgraduate Diploma: £8805
- Postgraduate Certificate: £4620
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.