The Applied Geophysics programme offered by ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology builds on the strengths and the complementary expertise in Earth Science at the three universities. It offers a combination of study and research, leading to an outstanding qualification in Applied Geophysics.
Applied Geophysics is important:
- To meet the growing demands of the world’s expanding population for natural resources
- To resolve problems created by our misuse of the land
- To provide critical data to architects and civil engineers for major building projects
- To forecast the effects of natural disasters
You can specialise in either hydrocarbon exploration and management or environmental and engineering investigations, including geothermal energy exploration and management, and you will also receive a solid background in the other specialisation area.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Electromagnetic Exploration Methods
- Geophysics Special Subjects
- Advanced Reflection Seismology and Seismic Imaging
- Seismic Acquisition to Data Information Content
- Field Geophysics and Signal Analysis with Exercises
- Geodesy and Remote Sensing
- Geology for Geo-Energy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEarth Sciences Geology View 10 other Masters in Earth Sciences in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students starting the programme should be familiar with calculus, complex analysis, the solution of basic PDEs, and Fourier analysis.
- The level of your prior knowledge of math and physics should be comparable to the level of the Applied Earth Sciences Bachelor degree in TU Delft.
- Essay (what centraal calls motivation letter)
- Reference Letters
International1324 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 662 EUR per semester during 24 months.
National1324 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 662 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- Tuition fee: CHF 730/Semester
Living costs for Zürich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.