Interdisciplinary by design and grounded in real-world problem contexts, the Integrated Building Systems programme at ETH Zurich - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology combines methods and insights from the disciplines of architecture, civil, mechanical, socio-economics, environmental and electrical engineering.
The study degree programme is structured into - Fundamental, Core, Specialised, and Science in Perspective (SiP) - courses that link different disciplines and provide a broad spectrum of expertise. Additionally, students participate in interdisciplinary design and research projects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The 4 semester programme concludes with a master thesis in a current research topic.
- Fundamental courses (minimum of 4 ECTS credits)
- Core courses (minimum of 31 ECTS credits)
- Specialised courses (minimum of 13 ECTS credits)
- Science in Perspective (minimum of 2 ECTS credits)
- Project courses (12 ECTS credits)
- Semester project (6 ECTS credits)
- Master's thesis (30 ECTS credits)
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 4 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Attendance of the degree programme presupposes basic knowledge and skills in technical and natural sciences which must in content, scope, quality and level of mastery be equivalent to that covered in the ETH Bachelor’s degree programmes (discipline requirements profile).
- The discipline requirements profile comprises 105 ECTS credits (credits) in total and is based on knowledge and skills covered in the ETH Zurich Bachelor’s degree programmes in the disciplines listed in Section 1.1. This includes training in the relevant methodological scientific thinking. Details are set out in Para. 5 below.
International1324 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 662 EUR per semester during 24 months.
National1324 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 662 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- Tuition fee: CHF 730/Semester
Living costs for Zürich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.