Natural resources, such as soil, water, air or biological diversity, constitute the essential foundations of human life and economic activity. Their consumption is rapidly increasing worldwide, a process further intensified by global trends, such as population and economic growth.
This results in increasing pressure on all natural resources, accompanied by yet more environmental problems. Moreover, rivalries and conflicting interests increasingly develop over the use of resources that are continuously becoming more and more scarce. This also leads with increasing frequency to international tensions, the comprehensive and lasting solution to which currently poses one of the greatest challenges to humanity.
The international master's program in Sustainable Resource Management at Technical University of Munich addresses these challenges while taking into consideration their social, economic and ecological dimensions. As such, the focus lies on conveying suitable methods of analysis and management. At the same time, the development of specialist and personal competences in an intercultural context remains to the fore.
Which professional opportunities can I take up with this qualification?
- Upon completing the international master's program in Sustainable Resource Management, opportunities arise in the context of managerial roles in companies as well as in national and international government, and non-governmental, organizations.
- Environmental consultancy and environmental information services offer further possible fields of professional activity, as do ecosystem conservation and research sectors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Areas of specialization include:
- Environmental Economics and Policy
- Management and Protection of Forest Ecosystems
- Wildlife and Protected Area Management
- Landscape Management
- Renewable Resources
- Climate, Air and Water
- Material and Waste Management
- Agricultural Land-Use
- Soils and Soil Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development Natural Resource Management View 25 other Masters in Sustainable Development in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application Print-out (signed)
- Degree Certificate and Diploma or Subject and Grade Transcript of Studies to Date (certified copy)
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (certified copy)
- Letter of Motivation
- Complete and Current Résumé (CV)
- Confirmations of Apprenticeships, Internships or Other Qualifications where Appropriate
- Student Health Insurance Certificate
- Passport (copy)
- Most Current Photo (as for ID)
- Preliminary evaluation by uni-assist for graduate certificates (i.e. a bachelor's degree) obtained in a country outside of the EU/EEA
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.