The Urban Planning and Design program at Qatar University is designed with a perspective that graduate education emphasizes the development of students’ abilities to analyze, assess, assimilate, and apply critical thinking in interdisciplinary planning and design processes.
The course of study normally requires two years (four semesters) for completion, in addition to a summer session.The MUPD addresses the challenges of and opportunities for planning and designing cities. With cross-cutting concern for place, culture, environment, economics, history, and theory, the program capitalizes on the global experience of the city of Doha and aims to prepare graduates to be leaders in shaping urban environments across the region..
More informationVisit official programme website
- Planning Theory
- Urban Planning Legislation
- Urban and Regional Land Use
- Local and Regional Sustainability
- Computer Aided Planning
- Research and Statistical Analysis in Planning
- Urban Design in Practice
- Evolutions of Built Form and Townscapes
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Urban Planning
- Completed a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.80 out of 4.00 from a university or college accredited by an international accrediting association or by the Ministry of Higher Education or equivalent in that country.
- Students with a minimum GPA of 2.50 out of 4.00 may be admitted to the Professional track of the program.
- Students must attain a GPA of 3.00 or higher in the first semester. Students must register for a minimum of two regular courses in the field of study in the first semester. If a student fails to attain 3.00 or higher in the first semester, the student will automatically be dismissed from the program.
International495 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 495 EUR per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National495 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 495 EUR per credit and a duration of 24 months.
- National and International Students: QR 2000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.