Computational Science and Engineering (CSE) is a rapidly developing field that brings together applied mathematics (especially numerical analysis), computer science, and scientific or engineering applications. CSE focuses on developing problem-solving methodologies and robust tools for numerical simulation.
Which further expertise and skills will I acquire?
- Upon graduating with a M.Sc. in Computational Science and Engineering at Technical University of Munich, you possess a great portfolio of skills in the areas of Computer Science, Numerical Analysis, Scientific Computing as well as their relevant Applications, Methods and Techniques.
- Computer Science focuses on Advanced Programming, Computer Architecture and Networks, Fundamental Algorithms, Parallel Programming, Scientific Visualization, the Programming of Supercomputers and Patterns in Software Engineering.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Master’s in Computational Science and Engineering is a multidisciplinary program taught in English over four semesters. The first three semesters involve lectures, tutorials, and seminars, while the fourth semester is reserved for your master's thesis.
- The program covers a wide range of subjects and research areas, including numerical analysis, computer science, scientific computing and diverse applications like computational physics, computational fluid dynamics, visualization, and many more. In order to ensure a broad spectrum of topics as well as excellent expertise in each field, the CSE program is offered in cooperation with seven TUM departments.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 90 other Masters in Computer Sciences in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Bachelor Degree Certificate (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Academic Transcript (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit a total of two (2) Recommendation Letters
- Submit one (1) Letter of Motivation that indicates the reason(s) you are interested in the programme you applied for
- Submit one (1) Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Submit one (1) Passport-sized photograph
- Submit one (1) Passport Biodata Page photocopy
- Akademische Prufstelle (APS) Certificate (Required for all applicants who hold a degree from China, Vietnam, or Mongolia)
- Proof of English Proficiency
International284 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 142 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA284 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 142 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Beijing
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.