We offer a Computational Mechanics degree at Technical University of Munich. The first semester gives a solid background in mechanics and programming, which is indispensable for the following semesters.
- In the second and third semester the students have to choose 4 mayor subjects in order to specialize in the fields of interest. The elective courses allow the students to gain a wide knowledge in different disciplines such as civil engineering, mechanical engineering or informatics.
- As most companies in Germany require at least basic language skills, the students also may select a German language course as elective course.
- The software lab is an interdisciplinary team project (3-6 students) which links the analysis and solution of engineering problems and the development of software components.
- The fourth semester is dedicated to the master’s thesis. It can be written either at the chairs involved in Computational Mechanics or in cooperation with industry or other academic partners.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 27 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Bachelor Degree Certificate (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Academic Transcript (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit a total of two (2) Recommendation Letters
- Submit one (1) Letter of Motivation that indicates the reason(s) you are interested in the programme you applied for
- Submit one (1) Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Submit one (1) Passport-sized photograph
- Submit one (1) Passport Biodata Page photocopy
- Akademische Prufstelle (APS) Certificate (Required for all applicants who hold a degree from China, Vietnam, or Mongolia)
- Proof of English Proficiency
International290 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 145 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA290 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 145 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for München
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.