Bioinformatics at Technical University of Munich is an up-and-coming academic subject and research area that combines modern information sciences (informatics, mathematics, and statistics) with the life sciences (biology, chemistry, pharmacy, medicine, biotechnology, and food technology). Bioinformatics deals with questions of informatics that arise with the application of new technologies and a rapidly growing quantity of data in the life sciences. The discipline is also of continuously increasing significance in medicine and drug discovery.
The exponential growth in biological data generated by national and international research projects provides a highly inviting field of application for modern bioinformatics. The use of informatics methods first made mathematical modeling possible in the biosciences, as well as the analysis of new kinds and large quantities of data. Yet the potential for applying informatics to the biosciences still exceeds its current application.
Which professional opportunities can I take up with this qualification?
- The successful completion of the Master of Science opens up many career options. You may enter, via a doctoral degree, into research. Or you work in a corporation. There, you develop bioinformatic applications and implement them.
- Thus, for example, you develop new medicines in pharmaceutical companies. Beyond which, corporate consultancy offers good career prospects.
More informationVisit official programme website
Modules are offered in the following subjects:
- Algorithms in bioinformatics
- Sequence analysis
- Systems biology
- Structural bioinformatics
- Chemical informatics
- Genome analysis
- Databases and data mining
- Project management
- Software engineering
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBiology Health Informatics Bioinformatics View 15 other Masters in Bioinformatics in Germany
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Bachelor Degree Certificate
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Academic Transcript
- Submit a total of two (2) Recommendation Letters
- Submit one (1) Letter of Motivation that indicates the reason(s) you are interested in the programme you applied for
- Submit one (1) Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Submit one (1) Passport-sized photograph
- Submit one (1) Passport Biodata Page photocopy
- Akademische Prufstelle (APS) Certificate (Required for all applicants who hold a degree from China, Vietnam, or Mongolia)
- Proof of English Proficiency – TOEFL or IELTS
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 0 EUR per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.