We offer a master degree in Bioinformatics at Technical University of Munich. Bioinformatics is an up-and-coming academic subject and research area that combines modern information sciences (informatics, mathematics, and statistics) with the life sciences (biology, chemistry, pharmacy, medicine, biotechnology, and food technology).
Bioinformatics deals with questions of informatics that arise with the application of new technologies and a rapidly growing quantity of data in the life sciences. The discipline is also of continuously increasing significance in medicine and drug discovery.
Which professional opportunities can I take up with this qualification?
- The successful completion of the Master of Science opens up many career options. You may enter, via a doctoral degree, into research.
- Or you work in a corporation. There, you develop bioinformatic applications and implement them.
- Thus, for example, you develop new medicines in pharmaceutical companies. Beyond which, corporate consultancy offers good career prospects.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The core of the degree consists of an interdisciplinary vocational education and training in biology, chemistry, informatics, and statistics.
- In addition to the master’s internship, during the first three semesters, the central focus is on elective courses from all areas of study, which can be selected according to one’s own interests and specializations pursued. However, there is a clear emphasis throughout the degree on bioinformatics.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Health Informatics Bioinformatics View 79 other Masters in Biology in China
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Bachelor Degree Certificate (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit one (1) copy of Official or Provisional Academic Transcript (For originals, the document must bear an original round seal; and non-originals, the document must be in a notarised copy format)
- Submit a total of two (2) Recommendation Letters
- Submit one (1) Letter of Motivation that indicates the reason(s) you are interested in the programme you applied for
- Submit one (1) Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Submit one (1) Passport-sized photograph
- Submit one (1) Passport Biodata Page photocopy
- Akademische Prufstelle (APS) Certificate (Required for all applicants who hold a degree from China, Vietnam, or Mongolia)
- Proof of English Proficiency
International284 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 142 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA284 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 142 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Beijing
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.