This Applied Statistics program will be the first graduate program in statistics in Qatar and it will provide a solution for the missing pillars for the national research program in Qatar.
This master program is created within the department of Mathematics, Statistics and Physics at the college of Art and Sciences in Qatar University. The new program will be taught by highly qualified professors with high experiences in applied statistics.
More informationVisit official programme website
The Curriculum Structure for the new program is as follows. The new program is (30 CH) in two tracks: Thesis or project:
- Thesis (30 CHs): 12 Required CHs(4 courses), 12 Elective CHs(4 courses) and 6 CHs for Thesis.
- Project (30 CHs): 12 Required CHs(4 courses), 15 Elective CHs(5 courses) and 3 CHs for Project.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Actuarial Science
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Completed a Bachelor level or an equivalent degree or a higher level degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- Students with a minimum GPA of 2.5 out of 4.0 may be admitted to the Professional track of the program.
- A satisfactory performance in the personal interview with the Admissions Committee.
- In addition to the above three criteria, admission in the Thesis option of the program is subject to approval by the Program Coordinator and the Associate VP for Graduate Studies.
International495 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 495 EUR per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National495 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 495 EUR per credit and a duration of 24 months.
- National and International Students: QR 2000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.