This M. Sc. program in Environmental Science at Qatar University is taught by world class scientists/experts in the field. It prepares students for research in environmental science, for doctoral study, and for technical positions in universities, industry or governmental agencies.
This program is based on an interdisciplinary approach. Students learn to develop analytical tools and models, as well as technologies, socio-political arrangements to prevent and control environmental and sustainability issues.
The curriculum emphasizes advanced principles of environmental science in areas such as conservation, pollution, marine ecology, global change, environmental law and economics, and sustainable development. Being multidisciplinary in nature, this program will serve a wide variety of post-graduate students who may have diverse backgrounds and goals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Environmental Chemistry
- Microbiological Processes in Environmental Systems
- Regulation, the Environment and Qatar Public Policy
- Earth Systems
- Graduate Seminar in Environmental Science
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Databases
- Internship/Technical Report
- Experimental Design and Statistical Analysis
- Graduate Research and Thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiodiversity & Conservation
All applicants to the Master in Environmental Science program who meet the following minimum criteria will be considered for admission to Qatar University:
- Completed a Bachelor degree in Science, engineering, or related field with minimum cumulative GPA of 2.80 out of 4.00 or equivalent from a university or college accredited by an international accrediting association or by the Ministry of Higher Education or comparable in that country. Students with minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 out of 4.00 or equivalent can apply only for the project (professional) option.
International495 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 495 EUR per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National495 EUR/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 495 EUR per credit and a duration of 24 months.
- National and International Students: QR 2000
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.