In the Molecular Biotechnology programme of FH Campus Wien you will investigate the causes of diseases at the cellular level and learn how to develop new treatments and therapies for them. You will learn about the hot topics of big data, personalized data analysis and data security. The degree program is taught at the renowned Vienna BioCenter, one of Europe’s hotspots for life science. The degree program is part of a large national and international network at university level.
What you can offer
Your interest in breaking new ground in the development of vaccines or medicines or areas such as stem cell research and a desire to take on management responsibilities are very good prerequisites for attending this degree program. You want to be at the forefront of developing new technologies. You are not looking for routine work, but major challenges in research and development. You are a very curious and frustration-resistant individual who wants to examine things extremely closely and you have the patience to take the many necessary steps to reach your findings. You are aware that alone you can achieve a lot, and in a team you can achieve everything. English as the language of life sciences is part of your everyday working life.
What we offer you
Located at the Campus Vienna BioCenter, you will be able to study and conduct research in state of the art lecture halls and laboratories. We regularly exchange ideas and experience with our partners (numerous research institutions and well-known biotech companies) at this important life sciences center. For example, stem cell researchers from the Vienna BioCenter integrate their latest results directly into their lectures and labs in our degree program. In addition, your education and research benefit from our close partnerships with the University of Vienna and the Medical University of Vienna.
We have built a strong international network that provides you with the opportunity to study or conduct research at prestigious universities such as the King's College in London or the Stockholm University in Sweden. Numerous R&D projects in the degree program’s labs offer you the opportunity to participate in application-oriented practical research and to make valuable contacts for your future career.
As a graduate, you will mainly be engaged in research and development in your future employment. You can undertake a life science PhD at an Austrian or international university. You are qualified to lead lab or research groups. In addition, you have the entrepreneurial expertise to set up your own start-up. You will work in the following industries and sectors:
- Industry (Pharma, Biotech, Medtech, Food industry, etc.)
- Medical research (e.g. tumor biology, vaccine development, degenerative diseases)
- Research and development departments of established pharmaceutical (life science) companies as well as biotech start-ups
- Universities, non-university research establishments (e.g.: The Austrian Academy of Sciences, Austrian Institute of Technology, etc. ) and Universities of Applied Sciences
- Analytical laboratories in the industry and clinics
- Veterinary research and development
- Government agencies
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Clinical Drug Development
- General Pathology
- Intercultural Teams in Interdisciplinary Projects
- Medical Genetics
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiotechnology Molecular Sciences Genetics View 4 other Masters in Genetics in Austria
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent similar qualification from an institute of higher education with a total of 180 ECTS credits in the disciplines of molecular biology, biology with a focus on genetics and/or microbiology, biotechnology, pharmacy, medicine, food biotechnology or biomedical sciences.
- Equivalent certificate from abroad - Equivalence is determined by international agreements, validation or in individual cases a decision by the head of the academic section.
- English language proficiency.
International726 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 363 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA726 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 363 EUR per semester during 24 months.
Tuition fees for students from third countries € 727 per semester
Living costs for Vienna
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.