Master’s programs provide an advanced academic education and allow students to complete independent academic and project-based work.
At the heart of the major study program in Software Systems are elective modules in the area of informatics plus a Master's project.
Rounding off the program are elective modules drawn from all the areas taught by the Faculty of Business, Economics and Informatics, designed to give you a deeper level of knowledge.
A Master's thesis comprising 30 ECTS credits is the final element of the program.
With the in-depth knowledge gained during the Master's study program in Software Systems at University of Zurich, you will be in demand in both the software industry and in the IT departments of all kinds of companies, where you will be assigned demanding tasks in roles such as project manager, system architect, product manager or consultant.
Moreover, graduates with the right aptitude have the opportunity to complete a doctorate, an outstanding foundation for an academic career.
- Mobile Communication Systems
- Advanced Software Engineering
- Applied Analytical Data Science
- Big Data: Technology and Law
- Big-Data Analytics
- Blockchains and Overlay Networks
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Software Engineering View 9 other Masters in Software Engineering in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- In order to be admitted to a Master's degree program, an applicant must meet the requirements set out in the ordinance on admission to studies at the University of Zurich. Student Services review the application in this regard.
- The Faculty will then subject the application documents to a specialized academic review and determine the applicant's level of study. The decision is based on an evaluation of the curriculum of the program of studies completed, as well as other documents.
International1312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 656 EUR per semester during 24 months.
National1312 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 656 EUR per semester during 24 months.
- Tuition fee is 720 CHF per semester
Living costs for Zürich
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.