The Software Engineering (Online) programme from University of Hertfordshire focuses on the key models, methodologies, measures and tools that can be used in the software engineering process equipping you and your career with the essentials for success in this field.
Why choose this course?
- Gain a specialised master's degree in one year full-time or at a pace that suits you through online study
- Flexible online learning allows you to fit study around your other commitments, without travel and accommodation costs.
- Gain an internationally-recognised master's degree from the UK's University of Hertfordshire.
- Benefit from the same academic standards and quality control procedures as our equivalent on campus course
- We have an excellent track record in research, with over half of our outputs rated at world-leading or internationally excellent in REF 2014, the most recent national assessment.
Our online masters programme is designed to give graduates the up-to-date skills and knowledge sought after by employers, whether in business, industry, government or research.
These courses will prepare you for a career in many areas including research, IT or software development.
- Contemporary Practices in Information Technology
- Measures and Models for Software Engineering
- Software Engineering MSc Project
- Software Engineering Practice and Experience
- Advanced Database
- Distributed Systems Security
- E-Learning Applications Development
- Interaction Design
- 12 months
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 4 other Masters in Software Engineering in United Kingdom
For admission to the MSc Distributed Systems and Networks, MSc Software Engineering or MSc E-Learning Technology:
- a recent good Honours Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or cognate discipline;
- Applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate sufficient competence in English to benefit from the Programme. This is normally demonstrated by recognised awards equivalent to an overall IELTS score of 6.0 Candidates who do not satisfy these requirements will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Access to computer equipment with the following minimum specification.
International8650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8650 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA8650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8650 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Part time: £720 per 15 credits
There is a range of financial support available for UK and EU students. The financial support available to you depends on various different factors such as whether you choose to study full-time or part-time, where you live and whether you want to study at undergraduate or postgraduate level.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!