The Software Engineering (Online) programme from University of Hertfordshire focuses on algorithmic solutions, software quality, project management, and successful delivery of software products that are engineered using the most current software engineering methodologies and tools.
The mode of delivery and assessments is project-based, combining software engineering with AI programming, with every assessment being considered a mini-project and a reflective learning experience, aimed at developing the highest level of problem solving and quality management skills.
The award builds on our extensive experience and long-established reputation in providing industry-based qualifications and skills in relation to software design and development. Software Engineering is the foundations of the functioning modern world. Many aspects of commerce and industry require well-engineered and reliable software to operate. The MSc Software Engineering (Online) is designed for computer science graduates and has been popular with those looking to specialise in Software Engineering and progress their career in this direction.
Why choose this course?
Find out more information about how online study works, funding and how to apply.
- One of a range of advanced courses within our postgraduate Master's programme in Computer Science, this particular course provides you with a specialism in Software Engineering.
- Advanced topics studied include software engineering models, methods, practice, and experience, AI programming, and responsible technologies.
- Gain an internationally recognised master's degree from the UK's University of Hertfordshire.
- Flexible online learning allows you to fit study around your other commitments, without travel and accommodation costs.
- Taught by a highly regarded and long-established computer science department.
- Benefit from the same academic standards and quality control procedures as our equivalent on campus course.
Our online masters programme is designed to give graduates the up-to-date skills and knowledge sought after by employers, whether in business, industry, government or research.
The MSc Software Engineering course will equip students with the knowledge and practical skills in software engineering project management, from the design and development of quality software through advanced algorithmic solutions, to delivering ethical and responsible software products.
Successful graduates may pursue a career as a software developer and tester, software engineering project manager, software quality manager, and software engineering consultant.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Artificial Intelligence Programming
- Measures and Models for Software Engineering
- Responsible Technology
- Software Engineering Practice
- Software Engineering Masters Project
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences Software Engineering View 20 other Masters in Software Engineering in United Kingdom
- A recent good Honours Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or cognate discipline;
- Applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate sufficient competence in English to benefit from the Programme. This is normally demonstrated by recognised awards equivalent to an overall IELTS score of 6.0 Candidates who do not satisfy these requirements will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Access to computer equipment.
International9360 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9360 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9360 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9360 GBP per year during 12 months.
- £780 per 15 credits for the academic year
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.