Strong primary care in turn requires competent family doctors who are forward-thinking and keen to develop new relationships with patients and other health professionals in primary and secondary care.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Family Medicine has received educational accreditation from the UK Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP). Furthermore, the University of Nicosia Medical School has been accredited by the RCGP to deliver the MRCGP International exam in Cyprus. Students successfully completing the first two semesters and meeting the RCGP’s clinical experience eligibility criteria will be entitled to sit the examination in Cyprus to qualify as an International Member of the RCGP.
This exam consists of three components: a written applied knowledge examination, a workplace-based assessment portfolio and a clinical skills examination. The first two components are shared with the assessments for the PG, so only the clinical skills examination is an additional requirement for the MRCGP[INT] in Cyprus.
Mode of Study
The programme is completed fully online, with each module delivered over 3 learning weeks through an electronic platform. This platform enables access to video-recorded presentations, written material and lecture notes whilst allowing for active learning through interactive seminars, case-based discussions in forums, online quizzes, and workshops.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Communication and Consultation Skills in Primary Care (teaching is spread out during Semester 1&2)
- Managing Adults’ Common Diseases and Multi-Morbidity in Primary Care
- Evidence-based Practice in Family Medicine
- Mental Health in Primary Care
- Acute Serious Illnesses and Traumatic Conditions in Primary Care
- Women’s Health
- Paediatrics and Child Health Surveillance
- Common Musculoskeletal Conditions in Primary Care
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
- PGDip: 60ECTS
- MSC: 90 ECTS
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A medical degree granted by an institution recognised in the country where it is offered
- Evidence of current registration with the relevant medical council
- You must be involved in clinical practice throughout the duration of your enrolment in the programme
- 2 Professional reference letters
- In-person or online interview
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA6000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 9000 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
Tuition could be as low as €6,000 for the PG and €9,000 for the Master in Family Medicine, with an instalment plan also available.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.