The objectives of the Oil, Gas and Energy Engineering programme at University of Nicosia are to:
- Provide specialized advanced knowledge and tools to our graduates in order to cope successfully in a technologically challenging environment
- Facilitate learning in areas of oil, gas and energy engineering that are directly linked to industry and current state-of-the-art technology;
- Provide the theoretical and computational skills necessary for the solution of both theoretical and practical engineering problems;
- Provide practical and experimental hands-on experience that allows the students to link directly to fundamental knowledge and theory;
- Prepare graduates to work alone or in groups in order to provide engineering solutions;
- Prepare graduates to design/implement systems and processes towards the solution of engineering problems;
- Promote research, develop research skills and provide fundamental knowledge to support a successful career in research and development.
This field offers very good career opportunities. Energy consumption grows steadily around the world, and investments in drilling and exploitation of energy resources, in particular gas and oil, are anticipated to continue strong. Thus, the global employment outlook is promising.
It is further expected that the discovery of oil and gas in the Cyprus Exclusive Economic Zone will prompt the establishment of new companies and operations with an increasing number of job opportunities.
Graduates of the Master’s program can be employed in a number of sectors including off-shore exploration, product refineries, on-shore liquefying natural gas (LNG) terminal, chemical manufacturing industries and research.
Access to Further Studies
Graduates of the programme have direct access to 3rd cycle studies (PhD), in this or a related field, at the University of Nicosia or other institutions in Cyprus, the EU and the USA/Canada.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Petroleum Geolgy and Geomechanics
- Drilling Methods and Well Testing
- Reservoir Engineering
- LNG Systems
- Production Process Engineering
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed, International
Application Deadlines for European and Local Students - Please call the Office of Admissions
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering Mining, Oil & Gas View 3 other Masters in Mining, Oil & Gas in Cyprus
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Application Form
- A copy of your passport (page with your personal details and photo)
- Academic Records (True copy of the original)
- Two Letters of recommendation/reference from professors or employers (for Masters and Doctorate applicants only). Certain programmes have additional requirements
- Curriculum Vitae–CV (for Masters and Doctorate applicants only)
- Personal Statement (for Masters and Doctorate applicants only)
- Evidence of work experience (where applicable)
- Portfolio (for selected programmes of study)
International9240 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13860 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA9060 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13590 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.