The Biomedical Sciences programme from University of Nicosia is an integrated programme committed to promote instruction of core theory, practice and research principles of biomedical sciences as well as to promote the teaching of clinical specialities (modalities) in one of the following fields: Immunology, Microbiology, Clinical Biochemistry or Hematology.
To begin with, the programme aims to enable graduates to specialize in Immunology (this application). In due course, concentration courses in the other fields (i.e. Microbiology, Clinical Biochemistry and Hematology) will be added to the programme, giving the option to graduates to study and specialize in one or more areas if they wish.
Biomedical science has to play an important role in healthcare. The component subjects taught are in the forefront of scientific research and, therefore, the graduates of the programme will be able to understand current discoveries, controversies and concerns regarding human health and diseases.
The programme graduates, therefore, can be employed in various areas in the public and private health related sectors since their education covers both, the biological and medical science. In addition, completion of this programme can be considered as part of the 9 year minimum postgraduate training for Biomedical Laboratory Scientist that is required for registration of specialist expertise towards licensing to practice and direct a Bioscience/Clinical Laboratory.
Overall based on the core courses and specialization courses that students can take, it will qualify them upon graduation to work or provide service or do research in the relevant field, at a private or public hospital or at pharmaceutical industry medical or research laboratories.
Alternatively they can also take an administrative post in the pharmaceutical industry and at health/disease related non-governmental organizations, companies, government or international organizations (i.e. health insurance companies, health service providers, WHO, the Red Cross etc.).
Specific major employment areas include:
- National pathology and clinical laboratories
- National Blood Service laboratories
- Private pathology laboratories
- Health Protection Agency (i.e. WHO)
- Veterinary and agricultural laboratories
- Clinical genetics laboratories
- Forensic laboratories
- Research laboratories in universities
- Government or charity-funded research laboratories
- Research and development for the pharmaceutical, diagnostics, medical devices
- and laboratory instrumentation industries
- Clinical trials, regulatory affairs (drug registration and patents)
- Commerce (sales and marketing) related to healthcare and diagnostic products
- Education: university, college and school teaching
- Food industry and food safety
- Biotechnology industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Laboratory Quality Assurance Management
- Bio-analytical and Diagnostic Technology
- Pathological Basis to Disease
- Cellular and Molecular Immunology
- Laboratory Practice (Immunology)
- Molecular Genetics
- Autoimmunity and Inflammatory Diseases
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
Application Deadlines for European and Local Students - Please call the Office of Admissions
DisciplinesBiomedicine Health Sciences Biochemistry View 6 other Masters in Biomedicine in Cyprus
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completed Application Form
- A copy of your passport (page with your personal details and photo)
- Academic Records (True copy of the original)
- Two Letters of recommendation/reference from professors or employers
- Curriculum Vitae–CV
- Personal Statement
- Evidence of work experience (where applicable)
- Portfolio (for selected programmes of study)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International9240 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13860 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
EU/EEA9060 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 13590 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.