In particular, the acquired knowledge will enable students to work more effectively in public, non-governmental and private social welfare settings and other care organisations.
Students attending this Social Work (Distance Learning) programme from University of Nicosia will acquire knowledge of social work contemporary theories and methods of assessment and intervention, models of administration of social services, as well as deeper understanding of interdisciplinary work in health and social care settings .In particular, students will have the opportunity, through sharing experiences, learning new knowledge and methods of work, to develop personally and professionally.
Adopting this perspective, the nature and character of Social Work is revealed while the inter-relations and inter-dependence of various stakeholders are illustrated. Overall students who will attend this Master degree will increase existing knowledge earned from previous studies and will learn how to work with particular groups of people (immigrants, adolescents) either as service users or as colleagues from other disciplines.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Decision Making Process
- Social Research Methods
- Methods and Interventions for Children and Families
- Methods and Interventions for Groups
- Organisation and Management of Social Care Organisations
- Supervision in Social Work
- Interagency Collaboration in Health and Social Care Settings
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSocial Work Sociology
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
The minimum general requirement for admission to the post-graduate degree programme is a Bachelor Degree from a recognised university.
- Hold a degree in social work, social administration and social policy and / or related sciences. (i.e.sociology, cultural atnhtropology,political sciences,education)
- Application for admission through the special application form which may be obtained from the Admissions Office or the University website
- Certified copy of degree in a related discipline (see general admission requirements).
- Curriculum vitae which documents the applicant’s studies, any professional, volunteer, teaching, research experiencein theindustry, as well as scientificand socialactivities.
- Two letters of recommendation, preferably from academics.
- A short essay of 600 words, where the applicant states the reasons and incentives for admission in the programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
EU/EEA4200 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6300 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.