Key Facts about the Social Work program offered by University of Huddersfield
The course is designed to help prepare you to work in all social care settings including residential, field, day care, healthcare and education within statutory, voluntary and private sectors, as well as multi-disciplinary settings and work teams. It also aims to produce practitioners who can critically reflect on their practice and promote anti-oppressive practice in a multicultural society.
- This course is approved by Social Work England and leads to eligibility to apply for registration as a qualified social worker.
- It will assist you in developing the key skills required to become a confident and competent social worker in line with the Professional Capabilities Framework for Social Work.
- You will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of skills including communication, assessment, analysis and reflection, as well as gaining knowledge in a range of areas, such as legislation, policy and how people interact with their environments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Assessment and Care Planning
- Applied Law
- Readiness for Practice
- First Practice Placement
- Social Work Knowledge and Interventions
- Think Family and Strength Based Approaches
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesSocial Work Management Studies Public Law View 311 other Masters in Public Law in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- An Honours degree (2:1 or above) in a relevant subject.
- Or an academic reference indicating you are expected to obtain an Honours degree (2:1 or above).
- GCSE English Language and normally Maths (or equivalent) at grade 4 or above, or grade C or above if awarded under the previous GCSE grading scheme. Please note that some employers may require GCSE Maths at the point of application.
- You also need a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance prior to registration.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16000 GBP per year during 24 months.
National6900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6900 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Huddersfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.